Vehicle and Equipment Information
Whether you own a vehicle or are shopping for your dream car, questions and concerns pop up when trying to find a reliable vehicle that meets the needs of you and your family. It's important to do your research on any vehicle to make sure you understand the vehicle history and if it is prone to any specific malfunctions. Mechanics and car dealers should also be well aware of each vehicles quarks and understand how to best assist their clients to foster a positive and productive business atmosphere that values customer service. The following resources will provide standards on safety, research, federal opinions, and rulings.
Safety Problems & Issues
Compliance Testing: Vehicle equipment compliance guide.
Recall and Quarterly Guide/Form: Defect accountability and reporting regulation.
Regional Recalls: A list of automobile manufacturer regional recalls.
Monthly Defects Investigations: Monthly investigation defect reports. Opens in PDF format.
Safety Studies: Crash testing and highway safety studies.
Database list and download: Downloadable files of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration investigations, news, research, and guides.
Vehicle Recalls: Vehicle emission recalls beginning in 1991.
NHTSA Technical Service Bulletins: Transmission technical service bulletins.
NHTSA Defect Investigations Database: A quick search or advance search for automobile defect investigations.
NHTSA Consumer Complaints Database: This database is a collection of safety vehicle complaints.
Test Vehicles for Salvage: A salvage vehicle fact sheet.
Vehicle Emissions: Guide to technical information for vehicle emission.
Vehicle Owners' Questionnaire: The vehicle owners’ questionnaire form in PDF format.
Buying a Safer Car: A PDF guide to buying a safer car.
Compliance Reporting: Monthly compliance reporting documents.
Compliance Test Procedures: A brief description of federal regulations and requirements.
Consumer Braking Information: A methodology study on the initiative to provide a brake test for light automobiles.
Uniform Tire Quality Grading System: Uniform tire quality grade standards.
Regulations & Standards
Adaptive Equipment & Vehicles Modified for Persons with Disabilities: Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Fire Worthiness: Exploration report on fire worthiness in crash vehicles.
Early Warning Reporting Requirements: This brochure explores the final decision of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s early reporting rule.
Information for New Manufacturers: Federal regulations and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration standards for new manufacturers.
Interpretation Files: A database of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration interpretation papers and legal letters.
Notices & Final Rules: Notices and final rules are based off of these transportation federal regulations.
Regulatory Review: The National Automobile Dealers Association Used car regulatory review.
Safety Standards: A short guide to federal automobile safety standards.
Safety Recall Compendium: An easy to read guide to vehicle recalls.
Search Manufacturers Database: A list of automobile manufacturers.
Tire Safety Campaign: Rubber manufacturers associations tire safety.
Vehicle Importation: A manual for importing vehicles into the United States.
Vehicle Theft Prevention: Tips for preventing auto theft.
Research & Development
Crash Avoidance: An investigation of using five vehicle tools for preventing crashes.
Biomechanics and Trauma: An analysis of the development and assessment of using a test dummy in rear impact crashes.
Crash Test Dummies: First Technology Safety Systems explains the use of crash dummies and the features of crash test dummies for different impacts.
Research Reports & Publications: Hydrogen Research for Transportation report on achieving zero emissions.
The Locus Project: The goal of this project is to develop a system to integrate sensing and perception to help in decision-making and decrease the driver’s chance of collision.
Statistics and Analysis: The current Federal Acquisition Regulations.
Vehicle Research and Test Center: The Transportation Research Center performs crash, static, instrument testing.
Written By: Edson Farnell | Email |
- Replacement Throttle Body System
- Auto Engine Oil Pan
- Chevy Replacement Mirror
- Mercedes Benz Tail Lights
- Replacement Rotors
- Air Pump BMW
- BMW Fog Lights
- Engine Knock Sensor
- Auto O2 Sensor
- Fuel Filter Mercedes
- Jaguar Pads
- BMW Spark Plugs
- Blower Motor Resistor BMW
- Toyota Air Filter
- BMW Auxiliary Fan
- Wheel Hub Bearing
- Ford Rotors
- Volvo Tail Lights
- Pontiac Bumper Covers
- Nissan Steering Hose
- BMW Radiator
- Replacement Door Handle
- BMW Engine Fuel Pump
- BMW Shocks
- Power Window Regulator
- Car Replacement Thermostat
- Auto Air Filters
- Brake Pad Sets
- OEM Headlights
- OEM Grill Assembly
- Auto Flow Meter
- Volkswagen Fuel Pump
- Brake Pads Nissan
- Auto Mufflers
- Land Rover Head Gasket
- Volkswagen Catalytic Converter
- Nissan Radiator
- Mass Air Sensor
- New Control Arm Bushings
- Acura Integra Engine Mount
- Mercedes E320 Wheel Bearing
- Acura Integra Cold Air Intake
- Nissan 300ZX Brake Rotors
- BMW 740iL Radiator Fan
- Audi A6 Quattro Tie Rod
- Mazda 626 Muffler
- Mazda 3 Headlight
- Saab 9000 Struts
- Nissan Sentra Engine Mount
- Audi A4 Quattro Hood Strut
- Chevrolet Venture Fuel Pump
- Mazda Protege Engine Mount
- Jaguar S Type Side Marker
- Mercedes 300SDL Shocks
- Mercedes 300SDL Shock Absorber
- Toyota Highlander Wheel Hub
- Toyota T100 Tail Light
- Jaguar XKR Headlight
- Honda Prelude Clutch
- Audi A4 Quattro Blower Motor
- BMW 528e Brakes
- Toyota Pickup Mirror
- Mercedes 560SL Radiator
- BMW Z4 Brake Rotors
- Infiniti Q45 Camshaft Position Sensor
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Brakes
- Toyota MR2 Clutch
- Chevrolet Trailblazer Brakes
- Chevrolet Venture Tail Light
- Chevrolet Lumina Headlight
- Saab 95 Brake Pads
- BMW 740i Thermostat
- Audi A4 Quattro Wheel Hub
- Honda Accord Wiper Blade
- Saab 900 Power Steering Hose
- Mitsubishi Eclipse Window Regulator
- Mazda 3 Fuel Pump
- Buick Century Cornering Light
- Lexus LS430 Brake Pad Sensor
- Hyundai Elantra Clutch
- The National Automotive and Truck Museum
- A Guide to Formula One Racing
- Working With Fiberglass
- Auto Resources: Safe Driving Tips
- Online Guide to Electric Vehicles
- The Green Auto Guide
- The Mechanics of Electricity and the Importance of Electric Cars
- The Ultimate Ford Mustang Page
- The First Generation Firebird
- Improving Fuel Efficiency
- Thermodynamics and Heat Engines
- Guide to Car Maintenance
- Auto Preventative Maintenance
- Traffic and Auto Safety for Kids
- Introduction to Car Safety for Kids
- American Automotive Industry - A Rise and Decline of an American Industry
- The Best Part of Summer- Planning Your Road Trip
- Automobiles of the Early 20th Century
- Gone Jeepin': An Enthusiast's Guide To The World Of Wranglers