The Auto Safety Resource Guide
The automobile has dramatically improved over the past one hundred years. From autos being produced by hand to computer aided production of today’s cars, the production has changed. The design of autos has dramatically changed over time to today’s aerodynamic body types. And, the comfort and functionality of the automobile has also seen vast improvements.
However, some of the biggest and most important changes in the automobile industry have come from improvements in auto safety. The cars of today are being designed to withstand impacts at higher speeds and offer better protection for the occupants. The roads are being improved so that drivers can travel the streets and highways without concern for their safety. And, drivers are also better trained and are under close scrutiny to obey all motor vehicle laws.
To learn more about the improvements in automobile safety, we have gathered a collection of resources on the subject:
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – informative website providing consumers with information on automobile safety.
- Safer Car – government website with complete auto safety information and tips for drivers and passengers.
- Child Passenger Safety – fact sheet with information on how children can be safe in autos as passengers, along with proper transportation information.
- Car Seat Safety – recommendations on proper usage of child car seats, along with other information on child car safety.
- Car Safety Tips – information on how to be safe while operating automobiles.
Auto Crash Ratings
- Motor Vehicle Standards and Regulations – information on laws governing autos and providing minimum crash test standards.
- Vehicle Safety Links – collection of resources on vehicle safety, including crash test results.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety – information from the organization which oversees the vehicle crash tests.
- Consumer Action Website – resources on how consumers can select a safe vehicle.
- Vehicle Crash Test Database – searchable database on crash test results.
Road and Highway Safety
- Road Safety Audits – information on audits conducted on highways and roads.
- Road Safety Tips – recommendations on how to be safe on the roads and highways.
- Federal Highway Administration Safety Program – information on how the federal government is working to keep the highways safe.
- Department of Transportation – safety resources for the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Traffic Safety Marketing – materials used to communicate the importance of safety to consumers.
Driver Safety and Laws
- Laws and Regulations – government information on traffic laws and regulations.
- Repeat Intoxicated Driver Laws – fact sheet on how repeat offenders are handled.
- Cell Phone and Texting Laws – latest information on laws governing cell phone usage while driving.
- Highway Safety – information from the website for Advocates for Highway Safety.
- Lemon Laws by State – listing of the various protections that are available for auto owners.
- Vehicle Manufacturing Technology – information on the manufacturing of motor vehicles.
- Evolution of Automobile Technology – timeline listing the advancements in auto technology.
- Automobile Inventions – article outlining the contributions of women in transportation history.
- Car History – outline of the origin and development of the automobile.
- Innovation in the Auto Industry – information on the developments that have occurred in the automobile industry.
Other Auto Safety Resources
- Center for Auto Safety – site with resources on safety in the auto industry.
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety – resources on how consumers can be safe behind the wheel.
- National Highway Transportation – information and resources on auto safety.
- Senior Driver Safety – site with information and resources for the senior citizen drivers.
- Teen Driver Safety – information for teenage drivers and parents.
- Ford Mustang Exhaust Manifold
- Nissan Altima Wheel
- Honda Civic Bumper Cover
- Audi A6 Quattro Brake Caliper
- Lincoln Continental Struts
- Honda Accord Bumper Cover
- Volvo XC90 Axle
- Mitsubishi Galant Heater Core
- Acura MDX Brake Rotors
- Dodge Ram 2500 Ball Joint
- Buick Rendezvous Headlight
- Subaru Impreza Wheel Hub
- Chevrolet Tahoe Wheel Hub
- Land Rover Freelander Heater Core
- Lincoln Town Car Catalytic Converter
- Volkswagen Passat Grille
- Saab 93 Wheel Hub
- Saab 95 Neutral Safety Switch
- BMW 325xi Ball Joint
- Volvo XC90 Steering Rack
- Nissan 350Z Brakes
- Mercedes C220 Turn Signal
- Nissan Altima Inner Fender Well
- Mercedes 300E Flex Joint
- Infiniti G35 Window Motor
- Porsche 911 Ignition Control Unit
- BMW 528i Steering Rack
- Nissan Sentra Wheel
- Mercedes SL500 Catalytic Converter
- Honda CRV Shocks
- Honda CRV Shock Absorber
- Volkswagen Jetta Steering Rack
- Cadillac DeVille Expansion Tank
- Audi Allroad Quattro Air Pump
- Jeep Patriot Mirror
- A Guide To Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- All About Tire/Wheel Combination Calculators
- Guide to Car Maintenance
- Information On The Tire Industry Safety Council
- Henry Ford - An Automotive Icon
- Auto Preventative Maintenance
- The Ultimate Toyota Camry Page
- Auto Accessories: The GPS Device
- Auto Safety Tips for the New Driver
- Automotive Pinstriping Tips and Resources
- Auto University: How A Car Works
- The Enthusiasts Guide to the Corvette
- A Do-It-Yourself Auto Repair Resource Guide
- The Skycar
- The Hot Rod Resource Guide
- Online Guide to Electric Vehicles
- The Ultimate Ford F150 Page
- Ultimate Guide to Car Museums in the US and Around the World
- A Guide to Choosing the Right Tires for Your Truck or SUV
- The History of the Chevy Camaro