Transportation Technology: Autos of the Future
From steam-powered trains to super high-speed trains, transportation technology has certainly already come a long way. Other than speed and power, fuel efficiency is a major concern in modern transportation. As the world population increases and resources decrease, there’s an urgent need to constantly look for new breakthroughs in transportation technology. Whether it’s solar power or fuel-cell technology, there’s much development in current automotive technology. Check out the following resources to find out more about the autos of the future.
- Hybrid Technology: Provides information on the history, components, safety, types, and systems of hybrid cars.
- Electric Vehicles: Goes through the history of electric vehicles.
- Alternative Fuel: Discusses electric vehicles and solar-powered vehicles.
- Solar Car: The long-running project at Stanford University to build solar-powered racing vehicles.
- Future Fuel Cells: An overview of the history, research, and development of fuel cell technology.
- Fuel Cell Vehicles: Offers a look inside a fuel cell vehicle.
- Hybrid Electric & Fuel Cell: NREL project for the development of HEVs, FCVs, and plug-in hybrids.
- Future Cars: Dedicated to the future of car technology.
- Truck Design: Analyses the evolution of modern truck design.
- Idle Reduction: Provides information on the technologies used for idle reduction in sleeper berth trucks.
- Cleaner Trucks: A report which suggests how consumption of truck fuel and pollution can be reduced by current technology.
- Hybrid Heavy Duty Trucks: Discusses how hybrid heavy duty trucks can save a lot of energy.
- All Electric Truck: News article about the unveiling of an all electric heavy duty truck.
- ZAP: A leading producer of electric trucks and vehicles.
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell Truck: A project to develop these trucks.
- Future Truck Competition: A contest for designing the future truck.
- Future Technology: Provides some ideas about future aircraft types.
- Aircraft Nuclear Propulsion: Discusses the technology involved in using nuclear power in aircrafts.
- Aircraft Navigation Technology: An overview of how pilots navigate in the skies.
- Airplane Fuel Tanks: Answers some questions about fuel tanks in airplanes.
- Fuel Cell Aircraft: The first manned flight of a fuel cell airplane.
- Flying on Hydrogen: Press release about successful testing of unmanned fuel cell aircraft by researchers at Georgia Tech.
- Green Aviation Technology: Dedicated to the development of more environmentally friendly airplanes.
- Future Aircraft Concepts: Video gallery of the development of future aircrafts.
- Magnetic Levitation Trains: A look at the technology of these high speed trains.
- New Approach: Discusses some of the problems and solutions of magnetically levitation train.
- Bullet Train: Explains the technologies behind the Japanese Shinkansen.
- Biodiesel Fuel: A study on the use of biodiesel fuel in a specific locomotive.
- High Speed Trains: An overview of high speed trains in Spain, France, Great Britain, Italy, Germany, and others.
- Diesel Locomotive: Answers questions about diesel locomotives.
- Hydrogen Train: Offers some information about the first hydrogen train.
- Solar Steam Train: For the development of a more fuel efficient train.
- Green Technology: Focuses on cleaner shipping technologies.
- Bunker Fuel: Provides information on the fuel used in most ships.
- Green Ship: An organization to reduce harmful emissions from ships.
- Electric Ship Technologies: The Symposium to develop electric ship technologies.
- All Electric Ship: A project to research into the all electric ship.
- Planet Solar: First solar powered ship.
- Hydrogen Fuel Boats: A project to launch a hydrogen-powered boat.
- Nuclear Powered Ships: Offers information about all the nuclear-powered ships in the world.
Written By: Edson Farnell | Email |