Auto Resources: Air Pollution and Emissions Control
The world has become increasingly more reliant on automobiles for their transportation needs now than ever before in history. Today, we have more cars and trucks on the road than any other decade in our history. These vehicles are used for both leisure and business purposes, from the family minivan to eighteen wheelers driving through the countryside from coast to coast.
With all the added vehicles on the roadways has come additional problems that we all need to be concerned about. All vehicles on the road using gasoline powered engines produce exhaust. This exhaust has been responsible for adding air pollution to the environment. Pollution has become a large problem around the world, and especially in big cities. The pollution problem has created health concerns for citizens of large cities, and has forced governments to enact legislation to try to stop the pollution problems. These laws and regulations force businesses to comply with the laws or face sanctions from the government.
Air pollution and air pollution solutions have become an important rallying point for environmental groups, and car manufacturers have been working at providing autos that have lower emissions. In addition, manufacturers are starting to develop hybrid vehicles that are better at emissions, while operating on a combination of electric and gasoline power. As time goes on car manufacturers will need to continue to provide vehicles that are more environmentally friendly. To help you learn more about air pollution, its health effects and solutions, here are some valuable resources:
- Air Pollution Information - informative government site containing information about indoor and outdoor air pollution.
- Air Pollution Overview - helpful resource from the EPA containing a wide variety of information about air pollution, causes and solutions.
- Medline Air Pollution Information - information about health concerns and information about air pollution.
- CDC Air Pollution Information - useful information about a wide range of topics on air pollution.
- Air Pollution Explained - government website explaining what is air pollution and potential problems it causes.
- Air Pollution Causes and Effects - helpful information on what causes air pollution, and the health effects that result from pollution.
- Air Pollution Origins - information on where air pollution originates and the problems air pollution can cause.
- The Cause and Effects of Air Pollution - useful information on the causes of air pollution and what the results of the pollution can be.
- The Problem of Pollution - informative resource containing information on a variety of pollution problems facing the environment.
- Causes and Effects of Air Pollution - helpful website containing information on the causes of air pollution and the environmental impact the problem causes.
Air Pollution Control
- Air Pollution Control - information on what states are doing to control the effects of pollution on the environment.
- Air Pollution Control Agencies - helpful information containing state and local resources that are working on pollution control.
- Air Pollution Control Division - information on what divisions of government are doing to work on air pollution.
- Air Pollution Control Methods - article discussing the various methods of controlling air pollution and the effectiveness.
- Pollution Control Strategies - useful resource discussing the ways to control air pollution.
Pollution Health Effects
- Health Effects of Air Pollution - government website presenting information on health effects of air pollution.
- Air Pollution Health Effects - information on health problems that arise from air pollution.
- Air Pollution and Respiratory Health - helpful resource on respiratory problems associated with air pollution.
- Air Pollution and Health Risk - informative and helpful EPA website containing information on the health risks from exposure to air pollution.
- Health Risk and Ozone Pollution - useful information on the health risks related to ozone pollution.
Pollution Legal Issues
- Clean Air Act - information on legislation and updates to curb the problems associated with air pollution.
- History of the Clean Air Act - EPA website providing an outline of the history of the Clean Air Act.
- Air Pollution Laws - summary of the various laws that have been enacted to fight air pollution.
- Air Quality Act of 1967 - background and developments leading up to the Air Quality Act of 1967.
- Laws and Regulations - information on the applicable laws and regulations to ensure clean air.
- Air Resources Board - useful government information on a variety of topics pertaining to air pollution and pollution control.
- Air Pollution Sources - information on the various sources of air pollution and the effects on the environment.
- Air Pollution Resource Guide (PDF) - educational article presenting ideas to teach the perils of air pollution to students.
- Public Health Resources - informative website containing resources on the health issues of poor air quality.
- Sources of Air Pollution - useful resources on the various sources of environmental air pollution.
Written By: Edson Farnell | Email |